The Safety Director is responsible for ensuring the safety of the workplace. The Director accomplishes that by coordinating, administering and implementing comprehensive training programs in occupational, industrial and environmental safety. The Safety Director will respond to reported accidents to evaluate current best practices and recommend and implement changes where necessary.
1. Effective communication
2. Effective training skills
3. Evidence of the ability to develop and work with CEO and other managerial staff
4. Evidence of the ability to interact, relate to, work with, and support the activities of highly
qualified, dynamic professional staff as individuals and members of the organized therapeutic
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Safety Director’s duties shall include, but not limited to:
1. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes
governing environmental health and safety.
2. Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
3. Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and institutional staff to formulate
4. Designs and executes training for all employees.
5. Ensures personnel training and corrective action follow-up is completed.
6. Assesses potential risk factors.
7. Develops and implements accident investigations, data analysis, and recurrence prevention
programs and procedures.
8. Conducts on-site reviews and audits of operations and facilities.
9. Monitors all current information on regulations and requirements related to hazardous
materials and agents.
10. Investigates and evaluates new safety equipment for appropriateness.
11. Responds and provides assistance to all emergency situations.
12. Regular and punctual attendance is required
13. Has the ability to work required overtime.
14. May perform other related and non-related duties as assigned.
High school education.
2 years of experience in health and safety field is preferred.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Chief Executive Officer
This position is a full time position.