KIDS FOR THE FUTURE, INC.
LICENSED CLINICIAN – MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
The Licensed Clinician (LC) will complete a behavioral and social-emotional health history for all clients as part of the completion of all intake paperwork and consents. The LC will also develop counseling treatment plans and conduct individual, group, and/or family therapy sessions, as indicated.
1. Effective communication
2. Effective counseling skills
3. Effective documentation skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Completes psychological intake on all clients who are referred.
2. The LC will conduct psychotherapy services in the clinic / home / community and he/she will develop an individualized psychotherapy treatment plan for appropriate clients. This treatment plan will be based on the results of the psychological evaluation, clinical observations of the client and/or family, and information gathered from social history/assessment.
3. Reviews and updates each client’s Treatment Plan annually and updated when /if needed.
4. Conducts individual, group, family psychotherapy, and/or crisis intervention/stabilization services, as appropriate.
5. For every service billed, the LC will provide progress notes in the appropriate format which contain all information as required.
6. Ensures that all progress notes reflect Treatment Plan goals and objectives and current diagnosis.
7. Assists with completion of other documentation related to psychological evaluations and psychotherapy, as appropriate.
8. Refers clients for additional clinical services, as needed
9. Represents the program to parents, visitors, and the public in a positive way
10. Immediately reports any information regarding health and safety concerns to supervisor.
11. Participates in Agency-wide training programs/in-services
12. Displays concern for the rights of clients and families served by clinic
13. Is familiar with the company’s policies and procedures and guidelines including safety protocols
14. Reports to work dressed appropriately and complies with established company policies regarding dress code
15. Ensures confidentiality of client and employee information and responds to internal and external information according to clinic policy
16. May perform other related and non-related duties, as assigned and agreed upon by both parties
17. Supervises QBHP’s as assigned and necessary.
18. Implements and coordinates transitions and discharges
1. Minimum of a Master’s degree in Psychology from an accredited college or university, and
2. A current Arkansas license as a Licensed Psychological Examiner, Licensed Psychological Examiner – I, Ph.D in Psychology, Psy.D in Psychology
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
2. Must be physically able to walk, stand, and stoop for several hours each day.
3. While performing duties of this position, employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
4. Will work in various residential environments based on assigned caseload.
Supervisors: Clinical Director/Clinic Coordinator
Workers Supervised: Assigned Qualified Behavioral Health Professionals
JOB STATUS: This position is Fee for Service – Billable hours. Meeting frequencies, as prescribed in the treatment planS, will be assessed as part of the employee’s performance evaluation. This is a safety sensitive position.
COMMENTS: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.