KIDS FOR THE FUTURE
FOOD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Prepares meals for children using menu developed by company Nutritionist. Orders and purchases food efficiently and cost effectively.
- Effective Communication
- Effective team work
- Effective in food preparation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares breakfast snacks and afternoon snacks daily. Delivers food to each treatment rooms at designated times.
- Transfers prepared lunches to plates and/or trays and delivers them to each treatment room at designated times.
- Ensures serving sizes meet USDA guidelines.
- Cleans lunch containers, if applicable, and transports them back to the food vendor when picking up the next days lunch.
- Washes all dishes and/or utensils used during food preparation.
- Keeps kitchen including microwave, refrigerator, countertops, and tables, neat and clean.
- Cleans and defrosts milk box every two weeks, when applicable.
- Keeps accurate temperature logs on refrigerators and freezers in kitchen or break room daily.
- Ensures that employee food items are not in the refrigerator used to refrigerate patient food. Employee food must be kept in the break room refrigerator only.
- Places orders with designated vendor, if applicable, and stocks order when received.
- Labels any and all food items with date received before stocking.
- Keeps inventory of all stocked items.
- Delivers weekly menus to each treatment room.
- Posts weekly menu on parent board.
- Takes daily lunch counts from classrooms.
- Cleans vent-a-hood
- Takes out the trash.
- Sweeps, sanitizes, and mops kitchen floors.
- Wears hair net when food is being prepared and ensures that all staff entering food prep area is also wearing a hair net.
- Wears gloves at all times when handling food.
- Reports for work dressed appropriately and complies with established company policies regarding dress code.
- Wears closed toe shoes while working.
- Complete required monthly food program documentation.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient and employee information and responds to inside and outside information according to clinic policy.
- May perform other related and non-related duties, as assigned and agreed upon by both parties.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Has the ability to work required overtime.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer at least one year’s experience in food preparation.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be physically able to walk, stand, and stoop for several hours each day.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS: None
SUPERVISOR: Food Service Supervisor/Clinic Director
JOB STATUS: This position is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position. This is a safety sensitive position.