- Assistant to the Director of Transportation
- EIDT - Transportation
SERENGETI dba KIDS FOR THE FUTURE RIDE
ASSISTANT TO DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION
Administrative Assistant will provide office support and assistance to the Director of Transportation
1. Effective communication
2. Effective teamwork
3. Effective attention to details
4. Advanced computer skills, preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will assist with onsite transportation reviews at each clinic annually and/or as needed.
2. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will monitor transportation staff to ensure that all staff are following the loading and unloading procedures.
3. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will assist with renewing tags and registration for all vehicles.
4. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will assist for sending out daily log IDs to clinics, if needed.
5. The ASSISTANT TO DOT assist in documenting all information on any and all accidents and will fill in as contact person for First Insurance Partners LLC and insurance companies while keeping the CEO informed of any and all accidents.
6. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will assist in monitoring required trainings for staff needing CPR training.
7. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will monitor that all transportation staff, transportation supervisors and outreach staff have valid driver licenses.
8. The ASSISTANT TO DOT may be asked to meet with Clinic Directors, Transportation Supervisors, Drivers, Riders and Parents as situations arise that require conflict resolution or mediation.
9. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will assist transportation staff with unloading the children of the vans in the morning and loading of the children on the vans in the afternoon when the clinic is short on staff.
10. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will inspect and assist in inspections of the vans inside and out in the mornings and afternoons during the site reviews.
11. The ASSISTANT TO DOT monitor that all staff complete paperwork as the driver, rider and inspector have signatures at the bottom of the van sign-in and sign-out sheets.
12. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will monitor documentation and keeping up with the required maintenance checks on all the vans.
13. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will do periodic inspection checks.
14. The ASSISTANT TO DOT may be asked to hide the Teddy Bear (or any other item) periodically to keep the drivers and riders are aware of the importance of checking and rechecking to make sure no child is left on the vans.
15. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will attend and assist with monthly transportation meeting with each clinic.
16. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will attend and assist with monthly Transportation Supervisor meetings.
17. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will ride on the van whenever needed if a clinic is short on staff.
18. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will assist DOT that all new staff is being trained appropriately.
19. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will assist all vehicles are safe and clean for the transporting of children.
20. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will maintain regular and punctual attendance.
21. The ASSISTANT TO DOT may perform other related and non-related duties, as assigned.
22. The ASSISTANT TO DOT will be responsible for working overtime as needed.
1. Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. This is a safety sensitive position.
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
2. Must be physically able to walk, stand, and stoop for several hours each day.
3. Must be willing and able to sit on the floor and get up without assistance.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS: None
SUPERVISOR: Director of Transportation
JOB STATUS: This position is a full-time position.
REVIEW: This job description has been reviewed and explained as the basis for future evaluations.